Planning approval is required for most types of development and land use in the City of Fremantle. Development includes:
- the erection, construction or demolition of any building or structure
- building alterations or additions
- excavation work.
Browse this section
- Planning FAQ
- Subdivision and amalgamation
- Structure plan areas
- Granny flats
- Development assessment panels
- Notification and consultation
- Appeal rights
For more information on planning approval please see planning FAQ.
Applicants can discuss planning proposals and preliminary plans with planning officers to get an idea of the planning process. Planning officers can advise applicants on a proposed development or use and the information required to lodge a complete application.
The Planning Officers' services can be accessed though contacting the duty planner Monday to Friday 9.00 am-4.00 pm on 08 9432 9999 or email@example.com. Please note in person meetings require an appointment made prior to the day.
Other relevant information may also be found in the Your business section of this website.
New Planning and Development Regulations 2015
New Planning and Development (Local Planning Schemes) Regulations 2015 (WA) were gazetted on 25 August 2015 and take effect on 19 October 2015. The New Regulations are a major part of WA’s planning reform agenda and make changes to permitted development and other planning processes. If you would like to know more about the new Planning and Development Regulations 2015 please visit the Western Australia Planning Commission website.
- Application for development approval.pdf
- Information Required for Planning Applications.pdf
- Development assessment panel application requirements
- Additional Information for Advertisements and Signage.pdf
- Application for Section 40 Liquor Licence
- Subdivision clearance form
- Residential Design Codes
- City of Fremantle planning policies
- Local planning scheme No 4 Text
- Local Planning Scheme No.4 Map (see planning module)
City of Fremantle
Town Hall Centre
8 William Street, Fremantle
T 08 9432 9999
F 08 9430 4634